Sunday, October 29, 2017

Fall to Layout #40- Take Two



Happy Sunday everyone!

This week's sketch is such a good basic for when you want to feature a background pattern and a sentiment.


Here's my card. I brought out some old/retired Stampin' Up products for this one. I started off with this Paisley pattern background stamp. I inked it up with Citron Twist, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, and Blueprint Sketch. I spritzed it with water and pressed it against some cotton paper for several seconds to make sure it transferred well.

Next I went through my stash and found another old/retired Stampin' Up image that coordinated somewhat with the background image. I used the same colours, but in the Distress Oxide ink for the stamping. The sentiment comes from Ways to Say: Birthday set. I die cut the sentiment layer and frame using Oval Nestabilities. The final touch was some 5/8 apple green grosgrain ribbon (again another oldie from the stash!). I don't know why, but apparently I felt like walking down memory lane and using old products. I think it's good to do every now and then- assess if you still like the old and can make it current. See if things still fit your current style, that sort of thing.


As always, if you play along, please share! I love to see everyone's cards!









1 comment: