Sunday, December 3, 2017

Fall to Layout #45 Take Two


When sketch #45 originally debuted, the idea was to make two 3x3 notecards. However, it's several years later, so I'm going to just do my thing. I decided to only make and feature the first sketch of the two.


I don't know why, but I was having issues photographing this one today.  It looks skewed, but I assure you, it's all straight! Guess it's too late for me, haha! Anyway, I pulled "a Chera" and flipped the sketch. I also didn't end up including a button. However, I brought a dimensional element to the panel strip by stamping and embossing the little leaf sprig in gold embossing powder.

For the ornament and sprig, I stamped it twice on watercolour in archival black ink, then once in versamark so I could add clear embossing powder. You really get a cleaner look this way than by just using black embossing powder. And if you use the MISTI, it doesn't even take much longer. I watercoloured the image then adhered it to a scalloped Pure Poppy circle. 


Dimensions: Card 5x5
Strip: 1.75x5

Supplies:
Stamps: What the Doodle: Ornament (seriously, that Betsy is a design genius and at a mere $5, this set is a steal!)
Ink: Versamark, Black, various distress inks for watercolouring
Paper: Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Gold, White, watercolour paper
Accessories, etc.: Clear EP, Gold EP, circle nestabilities,


If you play along, please leave a link:


.





1 comment:

  1. Nice use of space. I love the creativity using the Christmas colors along with different embossing techniques.

    ReplyDelete